Current Open Positions
Morgan Concrete Company has an opening at our Headquarters in Toccoa, GA for a DOT Compliance Specialist. This specialist will ensure all DOT Driver Qualification Records comply with state and federal law. This position requires a high degree of confidentiality and diligence in ensuring all regulatory requirements are met by the company.
Maintain DOT Drug and Alcohol Database by ensuring testing is performed as required.
- Schedule drug screens for new hires, random, reasonable suspicion and post-accident testing as required;
- Ensuring compliance with DOT, FMCSA, Driver Qualification documentation, Motor Vehicle Reports, and Drug and Alcohol testing;
- Request Full Query on all new hires in Federal Clearinghouse website;
- Maintain, update, and implement driver qualification records per current DOT regulations;
- Monitor drivers compliance of Hours of Service and Fuel Mileage records;
- Notify drivers of upcoming document expirations, obtain renewed documents, and upload on company personnel software;
- Ensure DOT and Non-DOT new hire paperwork is filled out correctly;
- Assist Equipment Department with any DOT audits;
- File all IFTA requirements
- OSHA compliance
- Other projects and tasks as assigned.
5 plus years of experience as a DOT Compliance Specialist
- Strong organizational skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Proficiency in MS Office;
- Ability to handle confidential material;
- Must be reliable and dependable;
- Ability to multi-task, follow directions, be open to change and work under pressure;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; and
- Ability to communicate effectively with various levels of staff.
Ideal candidates will be team-oriented and have the self-motivation and organization to be an effective contributor to the team. Being able to communicate effectively and follow up assertively with a positive attitude is essential in this position.
Competitive salary and excellent benefits package including employer paid medical and life insurance. Dental and vision available as well as 401(k) with match.
Morgan Concrete is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Successful candidates will be required to pass post-offer and random drug tests.
Please submit your cover letter & resume to email@example.com No phone calls please.
Concrete Delivery Professional
opening at all plants: Buford, Jefferson, Athens, Demorest, Toccoa, Lavonia and Rabun Gap in Georgia. Also, Westminster, SC
Morgan Concrete Company is a family owned ready mixed concrete company where every employee is more than a number. We pride ourselves on taking care of our employees and provide the competitive wages and full benefit packages. Morgan Concrete is big enough to get the job done and small enough to care about each team member and their families. Drive locally and go home.
Come see the difference when you join our team:
Compensation and Benefit Package
Great Starting Pay and increase program
Paid Vacations and Holidays
Weekly Incentive pay
Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Short and Long Term Disability insurance and more.
Top of the line trucks
Fleet Maintenance team that is second to none.
Valid State Commercial Class A or B Driver’s License
Must be at least 23 years of age
1 year experience using CDL
Delivering Ready Mixed Concrete to commercial and residential customers for a “Service and Quality” oriented company. Keep customer satisfaction a top priority. Follow Federal and State Motor Carrier Regulations in a safe manner.
How To Appy:
Apply in person at any plant location see www.morganconcrete.com for location addresses. On the website see the careers tab for fillable applications that can be printed, signed, and returned to HR by faxing to (706)886-0432, or scan and email to firstname.lastname@example.org or calling Meri or Mel at (800)448-2830 for more information.
Download the fillable application, complete it thoroughly and take it to your nearest Morgan Concrete Plant location along with a copy of you valid Drivers license. If you have any additional questions call Mel at (800)448-2830.
Positions available at all plant locations. See website map for location address.
Our team is currently looking for an experienced Diesel Mechanic as well as entry level Diesel Mechanics to keep up our level of commitment to safety and customer service.
In this role, the successful candidate will perform truck repair and maintenance work in accordance with factory and industry standards, run diagnostics on vehicles and work closely with other team members to meet company goals.
This is a fabulous opportunity for a knowledgeable, hardworking Diesel Mechanic to apply his or her skills in a company that offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits. Shops are located in Toccoa and Athens, Georgia.
Send resume to email@example.com or complete the fillable Driver application below, which will be necessary to apply for a safety sensitive function, print it out and sign all necessary spaces and bring it by one of our plant locations with a copy of your valid drivers license.
Quality Control Technician
Full time in Toccoa, GA covering all plant location in Northeast Georgia and the Western Carolina’s.
Qualified applicants must have at least 3 years experience as a concrete, aggregate or related material technician. Must hold or obtain current ACI level 1 technician status as well as state DOT batch cards.
Perform and assist with all aspects of the Quality Assurance Program for compliance with ASTM standards for Concrete. Maintain records of all testing and material inspection reports. Assist all production personnel in maintaining compliance.
Ensure compliance with standard testing and operating procedures are followed by all parties on large commercial projects specifications.
Job will require travel and odd work hours with nights and weekends.
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Morgan Concrete in Buford and Athens has a batcher/dispatcher position available.
The primary responsibility of this position is to operate a computer batching system according to specific customer requirements to load and dispatch ready mix concrete trucks.
Job Responsibilities Include:
• Batches and dispatches orders clearly and accurately and provides sufficient directions.
• Provides exemplary service and clear communication to customers and internal employees.
• Will also include accurate order taking and customer relation skills.
• Communicates with other personnel for scheduling purposes.
• Monitor raw materials to meet customer demands and special additive requests.
• Communicate with management to make sure proper payment procedures are followed prior to loading trucks.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to effectively present information to customers, concrete delivery professionals and management.
• Ability to define complex problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and make split-second decisions in a high pressure environment.
• Geographic knowledge of the coverage area for that specific plant and others in the company.
• Excellent PC skills required.
• High School education or equivalent required; college degree preferred.
• At least 1 year of like work experience required; 3-5 years preferred.
Full Benefits Package and Competitive Wages offered
Plant Maintenance Technician
Full time in Toccoa, GA
We are currently seeking Full-Time Plant Maintenance Technicians
The plant maintenance technician will join a team responsible for daily maintenance and repair of 10 concrete plants and other facilities. Responsibilities will include:
• Plant maintenance, repair, and installation operations as assigned
• Performing special maintenance projects and repairs on all facilities
• Troubleshoot and determine appropriate repairs, replacing defective parts as needed
• Maintain machinery and mechanical equipment in use at the plant.
The technician will be also responsible for the completion of the required paperwork, as well as communicating any maintenance that needs completed to management. This person will be expected to follow all safety regulations set forth by the company and maintain a clean working environment.
Technician must be able to lift up to 80 lbs. alone and be able to climb heights up to 80 feet.
The technician will be working in varying weather conditions and environments with substantial walking, bending, stooping, lifting or working in awkward or strained positions. Technician will be asked to work overtime, odd hours and/or nights as well as some weekends as business needs determine.
Primary location based out of Toccoa, GA
High School diploma or GED, or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Minimum of 2 years in the maintenance field
General experience with industrial equipment and ability to perform preventative maintenance and repairs on Ready Mix plant operations. Knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics, conveyor systems, water systems, some welding, etc.
Ability to make simple electrical diagnosis and repairs. Familiarity with OSHA regulations.
Must have a valid driver’s license. Acceptable MVR and be able to pass a physical and drug screen.
What Morgan Concrete Company offers you:
Highly competitive wages
Group Medical, dental and disability benefit programs
401k with match
Uniforms and more.
Morgan Concrete is a family owned and operated local business since 1975. Big enough to get the job done right and small enough to treat you like family when you choose to join our team. Please send resume to email@example.com or stop by any of our plant locations and complete an application. See plant locations at www.morganconcrete.com
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
print out the application and bring it to your nearest plant location with a copy of your drivers license