Current Open Positions
Concrete Delivery Professional
opening at all plants: Buford, Jefferson, Athens, Demorest, Toccoa, Lavonia and Rabun Gap in Georgia. Also, Westminster, SC
Morgan Concrete Company is a family owned ready mixed concrete company where every employee is more than a number. We pride ourselves on taking care of our employees and provide the competitive wages and full benefit packages. Morgan Concrete is big enough to get the job done and small enough to care about each team member and their families. Drive locally and go home.
Come see the difference when you join our team:
Compensation and Benefit Package
Great Starting Pay and increase program
Paid Vacations and Holidays
Weekly Incentive pay
Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Short and Long Term Disability insurance and more.
Top of the line trucks
Fleet Maintenance team that is second to none.
Valid State Commercial Class A or B Driver’s License
Must be at least 23 years of age
1 year experience using CDL
Delivering Ready Mixed Concrete to commercial and residential customers for a “Service and Quality” oriented company. Keep customer satisfaction a top priority. Follow Federal and State Motor Carrier Regulations in a safe manner.
How To Appy:
Apply in person at any plant location see www.morganconcrete.com for location addresses. On the website see the careers tab for fillable applications that can be printed, signed, and returned to HR by faxing to (706)886-0432, or scan and email to firstname.lastname@example.org or calling Meri or Mel at (800)448-2830 for more information.
Download the fillable application, complete it thoroughly and take it to your nearest Morgan Concrete Plant location along with a copy of you valid Drivers license. If you have any additional questions call Mel at (800)448-2830.
Positions available at all plant locations. See website map for location address.
Our team is currently looking for an experienced Diesel Mechanic as well as entry level Diesel Mechanics to keep up our level of commitment to safety and customer service.
In this role, the successful candidate will perform truck repair and maintenance work in accordance with factory and industry standards, run diagnostics on vehicles and work closely with other team members to meet company goals.
This is a fabulous opportunity for a knowledgeable, hardworking Diesel Mechanic to apply his or her skills in a company that offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits.
Send resume to email@example.com or complete the fillable Driver application below, which will be necessary to apply for a safety sensitive function, print it out and sign all necessary spaces and bring it by one of our plant locations with a copy of your valid drivers license.
Quality Control Technician
Full time in Toccoa, GA covering all plant location in Northeast Georgia and the Western Carolina’s.
Qualified applicants must have at least 3 years experience as a concrete, aggregate or related material technician. Must hold or obtain current ACI level 1 technician status as well as state DOT batch cards.
Perform and assist with all aspects of the Quality Assurance Program for compliance with ASTM standards for Concrete. Maintain records of all testing and material inspection reports. Assist all production personnel in maintaining compliance.
Ensure compliance with standard testing and operating procedures are followed by all parties on large commercial projects specifications.
Job will require travel and odd work hours with nights and weekends.
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Morgan Concrete Athens and Buford plants have batcher/dispatcher positions available.
The primary responsibility of this position is to operate a computer batching system according to specific customer requirements to load and dispatch ready mix concrete trucks.
Job Responsibilities Include:
• Batches and dispatches orders clearly and accurately and provides sufficient directions.
• Provides exemplary service and clear communication to customers and internal employees.
• Will also include accurate order taking and customer relation skills.
• Communicates with other personnel for scheduling purposes.
• Monitor raw materials to meet customer demands and special additive requests.
• Communicate with management to make sure proper payment procedures are followed prior to loading trucks.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to effectively present information to customers, concrete delivery professionals and management.
• Ability to define complex problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and make split-second decisions in a high pressure environment.
• Geographic knowledge of the coverage area for that specific plant and others in the company.
• Excellent PC skills required.
• High School education or equivalent required; college degree preferred.
• At least 1 year of like work experience required; 3-5 years preferred.
Loader Operator/Yard Man
Full time in Buford, GA
The Loader Operator position reports to the Plant Manager. Primary functions are to safely load ready mix plant bins with raw material (sand and gravel), maintain stockpile areas and to service the loader. The Loader Operator also maintains the yard and plant area for cleanliness and performs light maintenance on the plant.
• Requires a combination of day and night shift work adjustments
• Signs and maintains raw material delivery tickets
• Confirm receipt of materials before signing tickets
• Performs daily preventative maintenance – tire pressure, oil, grease, diesel fuel, hoses for leaks and all moving parts for proper function
• Records daily maintenance activities, grease the loader daily, etc.
• Daily pre and post trip inspections are required on the plant and loader
• Help maintain all of plant yard area for environmental compliance
• Maintain the area around operations
• Assist in the inventory process
• Report any problems to maintenance personnel and manager
• Demonstrates good knowledge of lockout/tagout procedure required during certain procedures
• Performs preventative maintenance on conveyor belts, which charge plants, and maintains other plant equipment
• Assists Plant Operators and Maintenance Mechanics with other duties as needed
• Cleans area around aggregate charging hoppers, load point and assist in cleaning plant and yard
• Prepare and maintain an area for waste to produce good reusable base material
• Demonstrates a good working knowledge of Company Rules and Regulations, and assures facility compliance with OSHA, EPA, DOT and other regulatory agencies
• Assist with training of co-workers as needed
• Required to follow all safety policies and procedures, wear PPE and promote a 24/7 Safe Culture
• Perform other duties as required by Production Leaders
• Able to cross train in areas not limited to but including plant operators, haul truck drivers & heavy equipment.
• Must be physically capable to climb on and under conveyor belts and work in high places. Will be required to stoop, bend, and lift heavy objects such as shovels full of concrete materials etc. on a respective basis
• Must be able to use hand tools and grease gun to perform all phases of loader maintenance
• Flexible attitude engaged in team goals
• Must be willing to cross train throughout operations
• 3 years experience in operation and maintenance of a front end loader
• Ability to climb stairs and ladders, reach, squat, tolerate prolonged sitting/standing, balance, bend from trunk, operate mobile equipment, push and pull objects
• Lift objects of various dimension and weights
• Ability to operate hand controls with both hands
• Ability to operate foot controls with both feet
• Ability to tolerate working outdoors in all environmental temperatures and weather
• Ability to work in cramped quarters
• Ability to work in areas with the potential for high noise levels
• Ability to tolerate working at heights up to 100 feet
• Climb in and out of loader minimum 30 times per day, climb to 10 feet to clean loader, walk on uneven ground minimum 30 times per day up to 100 yards
• Climb conveyor system 10 times per day, climb to 200” to clean and maintain
• Use needed solvents to scrub and wash loader daily, climb over and under loader to visually inspect same
• Work in confined spaces under hood, and in framework to clean loader as needed.
• Use hand tools (wrenches, drill, etc.) to make minor repairs
• Hear and see problem indicators that warrant attention/repairs
• Shoveling, sweeping, picking up trash, painting and general cleanup of plant areas
• Prescription Drug
• Employee Assistance Plan
• Paid Holidays and Vacation
• 401(k) with Company matching
• Short-Term Disability
• Long-Term Disability
• Employee Life Insurance
• Spouse & Dependent Life Insurance
• Direct Deposit Payroll
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Apply in person at 6711 McEver Road Buford, GA or you may send resume to email@example.com and complete the fillable Driver application below, which will be necessary to apply for a safety sensitive function, print it out and sign all necessary spaces and bring it by one of our plant locations with a copy of your valid drivers license.